Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Action Dave: All the negative reviews were definately not my experience

Action Dave
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

All the negative reviews were definately not my experience

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

Having read the negative reviews of the previous sailing i was somewhat apprehensive. I did not find that to be true for my friend Marge and I. I have also read some of the negative reviews for this sailing. Definately not our experience. I was wondering if we were on the same boat. Personally i find its all what you make it.

If you want a good cruise you'll have one. We also stayed at the Hyatt/airport the day before. Pretty sweet as far as I'm concerned we gave our bags to the bus driver and didnt have to bother with them til they showed up in our room around 4pm or so. after 10 or 15 minutes in line we gave the lady our info got our cards and walked on the ship. Went to the Garden Cafe where we were greeted by the smiling face of the beautiful washy/washy girl. Had a great lunch. Gave ourselves a tour of the boat then proceeded to our room, inside deck 10 #10017 which I found adequate and somewhat cozy.

The ports and excursions we chose we great. I particularly More enjoyed Roatan and also Belize. Cozumel and Costal Maya were a little more pricey than expected but it was all good. There was a slip and fall accident at the pool area. Accident happen. Given the amount of Alcohol consumed I surprised that there were not dozen of slip and fall.

We experienced some rough seas leaving Tampa all the way to Roatan and beyond. We got caught in a downpour on our tour which included a boat ride(Margi and I passed on it) those that took it got soaked to the skin. A beautiful adventure beginning to end as far as i'm concerned. Never did see any employees that look tired, annoyed or frustrated. Everyone we encountered greeted us with a friendly smile.

We ate Garden Cafe regularly, Venetion, Aqua, Bamboo and La Cucina all were enjoyable and the food was always hot and delicious. I miss the little girl that came through theCafe in morning Cofffeeee. She was beautiful. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn Garden Villa Deck Fourteen 10017

The cabin was more than adequate for the 2 of us and could have had one more without any problem. Cabin was in a relatively quiet area close to elevators and restaurants etc. for us it was perfect.