Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by NCEMT

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: NCEMT
Cruise Date: December 2013

Wasn't to thrilled with the Epic

We arrived at the port around 12:15 parked our car and took the short walk to the terminal I always take the same suitcases when we travel and always walk them on, not with the Epic we had to check 2 of our bags, that took about 20 min. We get inside and the line is very long and slow. I have never had so much confusion with the other lines I cruised with. We finally get on, in the middle of an old stale smoke smell casino, don't get me wrong I like to gamble, but getting on the ship you think they would have you enter at a much nicer location,

The entire ship was not very appealing, Our cabin was on deck 10, great location for my husband as he has trouble walking, close to elevator, quiet, and nice, the coffee pot in the room was nice. fresh coffee in the AM as we sat on the balcony.. I wasn't impressed with the shows, Blue Man Group was good, Legends was fun, Second city not so much and the comedian magician was terrible.. The food was equal to other lines with less choices, We ate mostly in Taste at night and Clint was our waiter that we requested for most nights! He was great! He made our dining experience much nicer.

First few days into our trip members of our group were getting sick, (we all live in different parts of the country) New York, Florida, and NC. We like to play roulette in the casino but the 10$ min to play was nuts! 2$ a chip, that made something we like to do to costly. We did one excursion, not thrilled with the on your own in St Johns, not worth the money spent. Save it for something better. Getting off the ship was fast as we did self disembark, we Drove from NC and were going to go the the beach for the weekend but 2 of the 3 of us were sick, so that left me to drive the 13 hours back home.

Publication Date: 01/02/14