Carnival Legend Cruise Review by sheilb4

Carnival Legend
Member Name: sheilb4
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

Legend hasn't really changed....

I just completed a cruise on Legend after 3 yrs or so away from CCL. It was a last minute decision as some friends were going and wanted me to join them. Since I had some time before going back to work I thought I would go, and the legend is one of my fave ships with CCL.

Embarkation took a while as the ship was late getting in due to fog in Tampa Bay.

Once started we were soon on. Found out at a new change with platinum status is that you get to go straight to your cabin. Very nice perk, since there aren't that many of them compared to RCCL.

First 2 days the weather was miserable but on a cruise you always make the most of it don't you...it brightened up after that tho! Yay!

Cozumel included a trip to my favorite Nachi Cocum was a very wet one! but good to see he staff again! Food never disappoints!

Belize was a tender across and a quick walk around...not much to do since I have been many times. A drink at the Wet Lizard was dreadful... $10 for a watery drink really bad.

Roatan was another walk around and as my friends didn't want beach time, we didn't stay ashore too long.

Stayed on board at Grand cayman.... Rainy day on and off.

Now! The best part of the Legend IMHO that is new to me from when I was last on her is the aft Serenity deck! What a wonderful addition. Adults only. And my home for 7 days! Loved it.

Regarding food, I have to say that on the whole I preferred the dining choices especially in the evening, to RCCL. Carnival seemed to have maintained their quality of food, and I really enjoyed the offerings! Ame good options for a foodie, and good service from Armada.

Went to all the shows, and they were all enjoyable, but have to say that the CD Brent, was a wash! Mr No-personality! don't know how he got the job! His asst should have been in his place for sure! Didn't affect my cruise but..just saying...

I had a balcony cabin near the aft elevators so it was a good location. The cabin steward was typically invisible, but so was his cleaning skills! So much dust on tv shelving, surfaces etc... The mirror inside the closet was filthy... Oh well...

I did the cheers program, and really didn't use it to its advantage.. My fault. But it was good to have that "freedom" even tho they cut you off at 15 drinks, that wouldn't affect me. Drinks are very pricey tho, so if you think you will average 6-8 cocktails a day, you will break even with the program...anything after that you are ahead!

One major complaint I have tho, is that to go to the shops or shows, you have to walk through the very smokey casino unless you go up a deck or 2... Stinks!

And disappointed that they do to todo the evening sushi any longer... A tastings bar... Not the same for us sushi fans...

Overall it was a nice cruise. I missed the perks with the nightly concierge lounge/free drinks and separate dining areas that RCCL offer for my status, but at the end of the day a cruise on the ocean is a treat and you are not at work! Enjoyable trip and will probably go on Legend again after the refurbishments in 2014.

Publication Date: 01/02/14