Disney Dream Cruise Review by Mephisto666: 4-night Bahama with doubleback

4-night Bahama with doubleback

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

4-Night cruise that doubled back into a 3-Night. We had a good staff all around. Our bartender at Currents was also our "message board" and at the Meridian our home away from home.

The Shows were good, Villain's Tonight was fun. I liked our cruise director a little more than my last - he was good at getting everything in without take up to much time from the shows and other events.

The entertainment director also had lots of stuff going on for adults and families and was nice.

We had great weather for December. As I had been warned, Bahamas is hardly worth getting off the ship. I was shocked at the number of scams they try to run around the port. The streets are packed with cars, the store are run down, and the prices were higher than the states. I can't imagine any "no duty" savings could off set it! And for heavens sake, don't forget any essentials because they are twice the price if you can find them!

Also, there is no internet service, even for More pay - yes... ESPECIALLY Starbucks!

I would stick to scheduled Port Adventures through Disney. Gardens, Atlantis, and Dolphin/Sea Lion all seemed to get good reviews. Actually, i would stick to staying on the ship! Consider it a very calm Sea Day! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream 8001

You do not share walls with any other room, and no noticeable noise from crew area. We had a nice attendant. Room is very small with single bath. Easy access to adult forward decks. You are near the very front of the ship so its a walk from the elevators, and you will experience more of a "bounce" if the ship has one (not a problem for me). Beds face "across" the ship instead of "with" the ship like many other cabins. Muster area is Deck 4 Starboard Outside - the drill was a long hot stand in the setting sun. Be ready!