“Wonderful Silver Cruise! 11/17/2013”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jewel

!cocruising! Norwegian Jewel 5 Wonderful Silver Cruise! 11/17/2013
!cocruising!
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My husband and I did this for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had booked a long time ago and by the time cruise came around price had dropped and they bumped us from our BA balcony to a Mini suite. Cabin might have been bigger but we ended up under splash academy with very energetic kids running back and forth till 10:30 PM so forget about sleeping till then. we walked around, watched shows or what not so it was not too big a deal.

Embarkation and disembarkation was very smooth only issue was the pulling into the terminal which took us 1 hr to go around the block due to the convention and the cab driver making the wrong turn. Jewel is going to be dry docked to get a face lift next year. I loved the lay out of the garden cafe. Food was great. Variety was good too. we ate out only 1 night. Due to hurricane in Philippines, few of the employees were replace with new people. ALL THE staff was wonderful. Calling home from the ship was only $1.99 a minute - not bad, . My cabin steward Mark called every body by their first name. How he remembered - god alone knows

NCL charges $25 if you loose their towel - like all the other cruise ships ( some charges up to $40 - absurd) so make sure you don't loose them.

Cab from the hotel near airport to the pier was $34 for 2 of us.

Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

MA11574
Nice spacious cabin. Bath tub in the bathroom. However loud for my taste at night since it is right under splash academy for kids. Which is open till 10:30 at night.

Beach Break

Tikki Beach all Inclusive............. I wish I was still there. Water was AMAZING make sure water shoes and water Camera is taken. lots of sea urchins as well as all color fishes......

Dunn's River Falls

Amazing for somebody who is scared of heights and does not know how to swim. Would love to do it again. I wish there was more time to stop to take pictures.

Published 01/02/14
Thank !cocruising!
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?