Ruby Princess Cruise Review by jland58949: Meh- could have been better, could have been worse

jland58949
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Bahamas Cruises

Meh- could have been better, could have been worse

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Major flaws- played elevator music in the AM thru late mornings on the pool decks. Options for activities in the AM to late morning hours were card making and knitting. For REAL?

My wife and I have cruised on NCL 4x , Carnival 2 x. Princess was by far the most boring.

The entertainment in the evenings was pretty good.

The magician was fantastic.

The comedian was crude and allowed some old fart in the front row to take control of his 30 minute act.

The ship was relatively new and built in Japan.

Our stateroom was the best ever with a balcony and soft king sized bed.

Food- don't get me started.... the worst ever. I actually saw and SMELLED baked fish and vegetarian baked beans on the breakfast items. I ate oats and grapenuts every morning. The lunch was just as disgusting on the buffet lines- the burger/hotdog bar was ok- probably the freshest item on the ship. Dinner was descent in the dining rooms. Stay away from the More Fettucini Alfredo- gag and the heartburn was terrible. The last night they offered me filet medallions and shrimp which was a B+ at best.

The stateroom guy Fredo was super nice. The rest of the staff was okay. The skinny englishman (I think he was the asst cruise dir) was pretty funny. He got the crowd stirred up on says at sail. Never saw the real cruise director except on the TV. The game shows were quite funny too. Some Irish host that was a member of the cruise staff was pretty cool.

I beleive that NCL has them beat - especially on price, and food quality and entertainment. The rooms on the newer Ruby were actually nice. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess A735

nice- expecially for a newer ship. There were elements of the ship indicative of a build in Japan- Well maintained ship- very clean. Disappointed in the passengers treatment of the crew. I was very gracious to the crew. The american passengers treated the staff in a disrespecful manner- I am grateful for the staff to help me enjoy my vacation. Bless them for leaving their families to come serve the passengers of the Ruby. They were the best part of the cruise.

Beach Break

(1)

Boring- snorkeling was great. 29.95 each or 60 dollars for cab ride to a beach within sight of the ship. Could have walked there and rented equipment for 10 each. We were warned that it was boring there but we made a way to have fun anyway.