Seabourn Quest Cruise Review by JudyOswin: A line that lives up to its promise in almost every respect

JudyOswin
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Seabourn Quest Mediterranean Cruises

A line that lives up to its promise in almost every respect

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I have long wished to travel the Mediterranean and this trip on board Seabourn Quest was in many ways a long time in the making. This was my third Seabourn cruise and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

From the moment you step on board you feel pampered, although I have to say that I still miss the intimacy of the Legend - the first Seabourn ship on which I travelled where within a few days almost every staff member knew your name. It seems on the larger ships this is no longer a ship policy. However, my mother and I met a few past crew members who greeted us like long lost friends - very kind ( I accept they would have got a reminder in some way that we had travelled on a ship with them before - but the greeting was nevertheless warm). Our stewardess was the best we have encountered and she was always cheerful, efficient and friendly ( thanks Doina).

Where Seabourn truly excelled was when my mother slipped when we were ashore and broke her wrist necessitating us leaving ship More for three days whilst she had surgery. Not an experience that was on my list of 'must dos' on my longed for trip. However staff on the ship - medical and general could not have been better. Everything was arranged from transport to the hospital. Interpreters and contact with the travel insurer. We could not have wished for better assistance and genuine care and attention. We were greeted with great fanfare when we rejoined the ship and resumed our somewhat subdued journey. I whole heartedly thank staff for how they cared for and assisted during this difficult time.

I am a music fan and genuinely loved the guitarist (Chris Bartlett) as well as the band. The band had a few line up changes and fared better towards the end than the beginning of the cruise. I love the intimacy of 'The Club' and enjoyed getting a passing friendship with the musicians who appreciated the audience.

Handre (the cruise director) and Annabelle are a duo not to be missed. Handre's apparent real love for people (some of whom can be less than easy) shined through and Annabelle has more energy and 'joie de vice' than most people I have ever come across. Both are made for their job!

The food was good but perhaps not great. Maybe I had high expectations from past cruises but I was a little disappointed. I however have to say that it was still of a good standard.

Staff are seabourn's greatest asset - almost universally they are excellent. They do a really great job with a smile on their face and mostly give the impression they really enjoy what they do. I applaud their enthusiasm friendliness and dedication.

I have booked another cruise leaving in early 2014 which I hope will be accident free and full of the 'bubble existence' of a truly great holiday which I have come to expect from Seabourn Less

Read more Seabourn Quest cruise reviews >>