Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by charschl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by charschl
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: charschl
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Somewhat a disapointmentd

My wife and I decided to give the Brilliance of the Sea a try since we generally liked its sister ship Jewel of the Sea.

Getting on and off the ship was very well organize.d which we always appreciate.

The food in main dinning room was reasonably good food with easy access. We were forced to use the any time dinning instead of a fixed time. This did not turn out to be a problem as it is on some other cruise lines/ships. The food in the Windjammer was not good at all and did not vary much - I had chicken wings that were without a doubt the worst I have ever tried. After 2:00PM they close everything except for the small sandwich shop. Even Carnival have them beat on buffet food service.

We tried both specialty food restaurants. At chops (steak) I ordered an 18oz medium rare porterhouse. What I got was a very thin (not over 12oz) that was dry and tough. I sent it back and got a little better filet which of course arrived long after my wife was finished.

We also tried the Portofino restaurant which was very good with excellent service. It was by far the best dining we encountered.

The stateroom was kind of run down and not that clean. The toiletries in the bathroom would make Motel6 smile.

The entertainment was good when the ship's band was involved.

We sail on a lot of cruise lines from Carnival to Seabourn most of which have their strong points. With Brilliance of the Sea getting on and off seem to be their best effort - everything in between is a little lacking with the exception of the ships band and Portofino.

Publication Date: 01/01/14
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review