Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by sniweh: New to cruising

New to cruising

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I had never been on a cruise and decided to travel to New Zealand on Voyager of the Seas. I was extremely nervous about what to expect as I had done a reasonable amount of research, and if truth be told probably too much, about the good the bad and the ugly of cruising. I was travelling on my own, so this added to my apprehension even though I had travelled solo through many countries round the world.

The cruise was fantastic. I loved every minute of it. The staff in all areas were always patient professional and extremely helpful. The entertainment over all was great. The food was excellent and catered for most dietary requirements. There was only one area that I could see that required improving and that would be the shore excursions as there was no head count once we were off the ship and on the bus to ensure everyone was on the bus. (Two people were left behind)

We did have some bad weather that accompanied us and delayed getting into and out of port. Dunedin More unfortunately had to be missed but it wasn't for the want of trying to get in. Another boat also had to pass on Dunedin.

Rumours were running around the ship of various illness going through the ship but I experienced none of it. In fact the crew were very conscious of enforcing the "washy washy" rule for washing hands before entering dining rooms and theatres.

With any vacation you get out of it what you put into it and I had a great time. I would love to go again should the opportunity present itself. Well done to Voyager of the Seas and its crew. Less

Published 01/01/14

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X