“DON'T DO IT!”
Cruise review of Carnival Sensation

BMORANT9696 Carnival Sensation 2 DON'T DO IT!
BMORANT9696
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was my second cruise. My first was Majesty of the Seas (RCCL) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So much that I'm truly hooked on cruises. So many split reviews between Carnival and Royal that I wanted to try a similar cruise with both so I could do a fair comparison both 3 days to the Bahamas on a lower class ship.

Carnival sucked horribly for me. The food was horrible, the only edible lunch options consisted of hotdogs, and hamburgers, and the Mongolian Grill which had about a 45 minute wait time so myself and my find had cheeseburgers and hotdogs every day. Breakfast also was cafeteria grade, I usually ate waffles, bacon and fruit each morning (repetition repetition repetition). Dinner was horrible each night, I tried two of each (appetizer, entrée, and dessert) and usually ended up picking from each one. The Caesar salad was good, and so was the grilled shrimp but that's where it ends. The dinning staff was very uninterested in us or our wants until my friend gave them a very stern talking to then they were a bit more attentive.

My cabin steward did a good job of keeping the room clean but I never saw her, made me wonder if ghosts did the cleaning. The drinks were overpriced and watered down, the activities (or lack thereof) were extremely dead and the hosts seemed to hate their jobs. As a matter of fact all of the staff on the ship seemed to hate their job.

The MOST annoying thing was all of the clueless workers (well the ones that understood English as many of them didn't)

Carnival Sensation Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

R26
We chose to have the beds kept as king. The room was spacious with adequate storage. The cabin was nice overall.
Published 12/31/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Sensation Review
Carnival Sensation Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?