Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by andre4259

Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Category: MC
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Epic may not be for you either...

I must say at the beginning that this was my first "large" ship sailing! I think that a mid size ship (Jewel Class) my be best for me, but I am a realist, and that might have to change. In now way did NCL make a misstep on this cruise the food was wonderful, the stateroom was fantastic and events were well planned.

This cabin is fantastic! It is verily close to the forward elevators and just above where most of the activities go on the ship. The stateroom has a tub/ shower and an extended balcony. This room had literally more storage and cabinets than we needed. Two closets, 4 hampers, big screen television, and the list goes on.... I am sold on Mini suites from now on.

I loved every bit of the cruise with these exception:

1) The promenade deck (or lack of) is something I miss. It is in pieces and offers no real view to the passengers,

2) The lido deck and the deck above the pool is insufficient and too small and will not accommodate a large sail away of 4000. The space cannot meet the needs of passengers.

3) The ship lacks a midship bank of elevators and a large Atrium. This forces way to many people forward and aft and makes for long wait times for elevator service. We however choose to walk the steps and avoided this issue all together.

4) The Casino is midship in the open and smoke is wafting into restaurants all along the public spaces. All of that being said I loved this cruise and the itinerary and would do it again today if i could!

This is one fine Cruise! Loved it!

Publication Date: 12/31/13