Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by andre4259: Epic may not be for you either...

andre4259
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Epic may not be for you either...

Sail Date: December 2013

I must say at the beginning that this was my first "large" ship sailing! I think that a mid size ship (Jewel Class) my be best for me, but I am a realist, and that might have to change. In now way did NCL make a misstep on this cruise the food was wonderful, the stateroom was fantastic and events were well planned.

This cabin is fantastic! It is verily close to the forward elevators and just above where most of the activities go on the ship. The stateroom has a tub/ shower and an extended balcony. This room had literally more storage and cabinets than we needed. Two closets, 4 hampers, big screen television, and the list goes on.... I am sold on Mini suites from now on.

I loved every bit of the cruise with these exception:

1) The promenade deck (or lack of) is something I miss. It is in pieces and offers no real view to the passengers,

2) The lido deck and the deck above the pool is insufficient and too small and will not accommodate a large sail More away of 4000. The space cannot meet the needs of passengers.

3) The ship lacks a midship bank of elevators and a large Atrium. This forces way to many people forward and aft and makes for long wait times for elevator service. We however choose to walk the steps and avoided this issue all together.

4) The Casino is midship in the open and smoke is wafting into restaurants all along the public spaces. All of that being said I loved this cruise and the itinerary and would do it again today if i could!

This is one fine Cruise! Loved it! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 8052

Nassau was a nice town with lots of beautiful architecture and friendly folks. The down fall of Nassau is the single contract location to get people on and off of the island. It is called Festival Place. Here is why I say it is the down fall. Seven ships were in port that day and all visitors going ashore or back onboard were funneled through 2 sets of doors both on and off. You do the math an average of 3000 per ship (some more, some less) we had 21,000 people funneled through this facility. Somebody is making a lot of money at the expense of the cruising public.

Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

We had been there before and we wanted to go to the French side this time. That being said I did not see a detectable difference from the Dutch side. I will always wonder why an Island nations like these did not do more to develop infrastructure and promote tourism and mandate beautification. The island does have some beautiful natural settings and lets hope that they remain so. They may not be a third world countries, but still fall into a second world ranking to me

Island Tour

(3)

We had been there before and we wanted to go to the French side this time. That being said I did not see a detectable difference from the Dutch side. I will always wonder why Island nations like these did not do more to develop infrastructure and mandate beautification to promote tourism. The island does have some beautiful natural settings and let's hope that they remain so. They may not be third world countries, but still fall into a "second world" ranking to me

This is hands down the jewel of the Caribbean. This was my highlight for this cruise and I would be very happy to book a stay here. Natural beauty, friendly people, and lots to do on vacation.

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews