Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Amy Jo: EPIC - the good and the bad
Overall Member Rating
EPIC - the good and the bad
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
This is our third cruise with NCL - we've been on the Sun (Penthouse Suite), the Pearl (Jr Suite) and most recently the Epic (Jr Suite).
1. The cabin layout. It felt spacious and had plenty of closet space. The bathroom situation is a little weird since you can see silhouettes through the toilet and shower doors, but it was a minor inconvenience.
2. The specialty restaurants. The food on NCL has always been good, but we especially enjoyed Tempanyaki and La Cucina because of the outstanding service.
3. The Svetka Ice Bar. There was a $20/person cover charge but it was well worth it. The chamber is kept at 17F and everything was carved out of ice, even the bar counter. Such a unique experience!
3. The entertainment. We saw The Blue Man Group, Cirque Dreams & Second City and enjoyed each. I would highly recommend all three.
1. We were in a Jr Suite - number 11249 and literally every minute of every day More there was either a cleaning cart or someone's dirty room service dishes piled up outside our door. Gross!
2. My blow dryer didn't work properly, as a person with long thick hair this was problem. I called housekeeping and apparently they knew it was defective - they instructed me to press the "cool" button literally every 5 seconds to keep it running. Why they didn't fix this before our cruise or at least provide a replacement before the cruise? The inconvenience caused was not only annoying but caused us to be late for our dinner at Cagney's.
3. Room service is SLOW! We ordered an evening snack nightly - ranging anytime from 10pm and 3am. Our order was always simple a grilled cheese, PB&J or mac & cheese, etc but it never took less than an hour to arrive. On one occasion it never arrived and we had to call and place it again, therefore waiting over two hours!
4. There was an overall lack of excitement. The best example I can give is on the Pearl when we returned from our last port of call. On the pier they threw a huge party to welcome us back with music, the Pearl crew out dancing and high fiving, the cruise director and others on stilts - literally a festival to commemorate a great vacation. Returning to the Epic was depressing, nothing but a long line and a "washy washy happy happy."
5. Finally, as a Silver Latitudes member we were expecting some recognition for our loyalty. The only thing we received was two pins and several invitations to events to spend more money at art auctions or jewelry sales while on board. We didn't even get the nightly chocolates until we inquired about them. It didn't need to be anything big, but we weren’t feeling the love! Less
Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>
7 Day E. Caribbean Carnival Pr...
Relaxing and Fun at the Same T...
Great for Teenagers; Didn't li...
Cruising on Freedom of the Sea...
Norwegian Epic West Med Top Cl...
EPIC FOR 1ST TIME CRUISERS!!! ...
Amazing European Adventure.......
WHAT WERE WE THINKING?