Ruby Princess Cruise Review by coasttal

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Great Escape on Ruby Princess Dec 22

My husband and I are becoming addicted to cruising. It's a great way to relax. We booked 2 4-day cruises back to back and are loving it. We just completed the first cruise that went to Princess Cay. Princess Cay was pretty much like other private islands we have been to and we we happy to be able to find two lounges under a palm tree with a nice breeze.

The entertainment on the ship was varied and quite good. I especially liked the comedians they had on board this week and thought the bands in the lounges and by the pool were very good. My husband and I both liked the Beatle Mania show in one of the lounges last night. They had a couple of new game shows in the lounges that were interactive and entertaining. I even thought I may use one of the games--yes, no--with my students when I get back to school. The cruise director and his assistants were good at their job and encouraged people to get involved without being obnoxious-----good personalities and professional. The piazza was a relaxing place to sit and there were short shows there periodically throughout the day.

Loved, loved the international cafe and coffee bar. The service was superb and great coffee. I turned in my coffee card from a previous cruise and got a new card. We stopped by here throughout the day to get brewed coffee for my husband and specialty coffee for me. I especially have loved their frozen drinks this cruise and their selection of hot tea with honey. They also have great looking desserts, salads, and sandwiches. What I didn't realize until this cruise is that at 7pm they have a selection of cheeses and nuts. A couple of nights we brought our wine down to the piazza and enjoyed their selection of cheeses.

We enjoyed the food in the dining room----especially the fish and shrimp entrees-- and did not eat one meal in the buffet. We enjoyed sharing tables and meeting people at breakfast and lunch and were lucky to have shared a table in the evenings with a couple with very similar interests.

We enjoyed just sitting all around the ship looking out over the ocean. We particularly enjoyed the pool on the aft of the ship and were able to get lounges there each day. My husband and I also enjoyed the big screen --movies under the stars. Just loved being outside and feeling the ocean breeze and thinking about nothing at all. Well, almost time to get off the ship and reboard the ship for 4 more days. I was wondering how I would feel about that, but find pleasure in knowing that this week I can indulge in what I enjoyed the week before and try the few things I missed last week.

Publication Date: 12/31/13