Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by caliber35: Always a Good Time with Celebrity

caliber35
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Always a Good Time with Celebrity

Sail Date: December 2013

After over twenty cruises with Celebrity, I know what to expect: Great food, excellent service and a spotlessly clean ship. The Silhouette is all that and more. The ports of call were less the attraction than the ship itself. She had just arrived back from Europe, so there was about an hour delay in embarkation. Being Elite Plus help me in getting on the ship quickly.

Upon boarding I enjoyed the usual glass of sparkling wine and proceeded to the buffet where I met my friends that I was traveling with. Ther first night we dined in the Tuscan Grill which is excellent and offered a great view of our sail away.

My cabin was a large outside, forward on Deck 8 and my friends had booked a balcony cabin hearby on the same floor. Cabin service was outstanding, as usual, and the food and service in the Main Dining Room was as good as ever. Anyone who says that Celebrity has slipped must be seeing something that I have not. The fellow guests were polite, good company and well More behaved, including the children.

The new Captains Club program is outstanding, in my opinion, with a complimentary happy hour for Elite guests every evening. The CC Hostess, Donna, was very attentive and professional. Our Ports of Call were the standard Western Caribbean; Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee, RCCL's Private 'Island'. Our day at Labadee was perfect and the highlight of our cruise. I would not hestitate to recommend the Silhouette to anyone seeking a Premium Cruise experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 8102

These forward cabins are larger than the standard outside and very quite. Estimated at 200 sq. ft. Great view from the front of the ship, directly below the Captain's Quarters.