Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Plain Jane 3579: From my perspective.....

Radiance of the Seas 5
Plain Jane 3579
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

From my perspective.....

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I arrived work weary to the Cruise Terminal at Sydney to board Radiance of the Seas ready for the holiday of a lifetime with two of my three children and my mother.

I have saved for a long time for this vacation and will be still paying it off for a long time to come yet, so I was determined to have a good time......

What followed were experiences that I shall always remember, and people I will never forget, crew and fellow cruisers, some for the right reasons and some not so much ;)

What I do know is that in terms of environment conducive to fun and relaxation, Radiance of the Seas had it all. There were many places to find people and socialise as well as private and peaceful nooks and crannies, as you'd find on any ship that size.

I particularly appreciated the freedom to roam anywhere on the ship and do whatever you chose to. This ship certainly accommodated for the needs and wants of the nights owls and early birds amongst us. The Starquest bar More was a favourite for me, not just because of its late bar ;). During the day, it was the quietest lounge on the whole ship and unstaffed, and by midnight, it transformed Cinderella-like into a busy nightclub and then back again.

The food was out of this world, the amount, the quality, the service and the standard. Having two hungry teenage children with me, and as a single working mother, the variety of food on offer was a dream. Taking the time to dress up for dinner as a family each night was a really special time together.

Before I knew it, I had ceased to remember what day or date it was, it was simply Day 3,4,5 of the cruise and away from it all.

The shows were a pleasure and an exquisite delight to the senses. Colourful and musical. I am in awe of people with talent like that.

The crew and the service was outstanding. I met many warm, authentic, and interesting crew members, each and everyone efficient and hardworking any morale amongst crew seemed really healthy from what I saw.

Main high point - being on the ocean and having the bonus of good weather and a full moon as well as all the above.

The morning of departure found me with a lump in my throat, sad to leave but so happy for the good times we had and the precious memories that will always stay.

If I can ever afford a holiday again, it will be on a boat of some size, somewhere.

This is my perspective :)

Louise Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X