Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by spunky: Seven Seas Navigator - Southern Caribbean

spunky
Member Since 2001

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Southern Caribbean Cruises

Seven Seas Navigator - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2006
Destination: Southern Caribbean

The embarkation was very smooth. From the time we stepped out of our cab we received top level service. Our bags were removed from the cab and we did not see them again until they were delivered to our stateroom later that afternoon. The stateroom was spacious and comfortable. We loved the walk in closet and the marble bath. The cabin decor was elegant. When we arrived lunch was being served in two places; by the pool and a buffet was available at Portofino. Deck 10 (Pool Deck) was crowded and as it was a New Years sailing there were more children then I am used to seeing on Regent.

Our first few days at sea was quite a challenge as the ship rocked quite a bit. The RSSC does not appear to have the stabilization system that most modern ships have. As such I would not travel on this particular ship again. The activities were typical, the enrichment lectures were fair. There were children in the hot tubs during the day at sea but in the late afternoon the number of children by More the pool diminished.

My husband and I travel on luxury lines and compared to other ships we have sailed on we found the food good but not outstanding. My meat was always cooked the way I asked for it. The deserts were simple and not up to luxury line standards. In the early afternoons snacks were available by the pool and finger sandwiches were in the lounges. There was always an afternoon tea until 4:30. Dinner was served at 7:00. Between 5:00 - 7:00 if you wanted a snack you needed to order room service.

We did several excursions and they were priced comparative to other cruise lines. The groups were small and the service was excellent. Throughout this cruise their were problems with the ship. The toilet in our cabin and nearby cabins did not work sporadically over several days and at times public toilets were locked while they worked on the system. When I called about this I was always told that the problem is being addressed but was not given any time line as to when the system was expected to be in working order. There was water leaking into the hallway by the Navigator Lounge.

We were on the first all-inclusive cruise of the New Year. Drinks were plentiful. During the day time in the Seven Seas lounge during the enrichment lectures there was no one to take your drink order. Rather by the door way there was a table set up with cookies and sodas as well as bottled water. One could bring in a drink from the bar. At night their were cocktail waiters coming to take your order. Since RSSC started the all-inclusive liquor policy there was no automatic bar set-up in our room. Although if we wanted liquor in the room we could have asked for it. We were pleased that there was no charge for the washers and dryers nor was there charge for bottled water when leaving the ship to go on excursion.

Overall I would rate the cruise as five star but definitely it was not a six star experience. The service on board was exceptional but the dining menu, the mediocrity of the entertainment as well as the enrichment lectures, coupled with the ship's maintenance problems detracted from the six star experience. In terms of value we sail often and in our opinion Oceania offers a luxury experience, better food, for a lower price. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>