Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by totalee

Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: totalee
Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Good activities poor dining service

I had a good time on my cruise on the Norweigian pearl. the Cruise activities staff was excellent and did a great job with pool parties and other activities. I had taken a cruise on the Epic six months ago and this cruise was more fun and the staff was more energetic and worked to get everyone who wanted to be busy involved. However the service in the Indigo Dining Room was horrible, I went there the first night I was shuffled between three waiters, I received a salad then was kept waiting for over 45 minutes before my entrée was brought out, the waiters never presented a wine list, and acted like it was a pain to finally bring me my food. Other tables were seated after I had eaten my salad and they had eaten their entire meal including dessert while I was waiting on my entrée.

I spoke to the food and beverage director about this and the when I went to the Summer Palace Dining room on two other evenings the service was excellent, I think he may have put a notation by my name to ensure I wasn't ingnored.

The Buffet food was OK but not as good or as wide a selection as on the Epic.

The drink service in the theaters and lounges was also very bad. if you orders a $10 dollar martini with a included service charge the service was quick and good. However if you ordered a soft drink or beer there was a 50/50 chance that you would actually receive it. If you actually wanted to have a drink in your hand as you watched a show or activity you needed to go to the bar and get it yourself.

As bad as the food service was the activities staff was very good and made the cruise enjoyable so long as you did not expect great service from the food and bar staff.

Publication Date: 12/31/13