Radiance of the Seas 5

Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

Flightie50
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

This was my 2nd cruise and the first withRCI.

Getting on board was well organised - especially compared to my first cruise where it took 6 hours!

A clean, modern ship but obviously older. Maintenance on board was excellent.

Staff were superb. It must be hard living at the same place you work and working a split shift 7 days a week.

Our cabin was very tidy and well thought out. I especially liked the placement of mirrors where it was possible to see all angles and the back of yourself! I didn't have a problem with lighting, probably because we were cruising in summer time hours so getting ready was always done with natural light available. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small but that is what I would expect on a ship. There was plenty of shelving and a bathroom cabinet to store your toiletries.

Entertainment was good. Like all cruises, you can do as much or as little as you like. We found the Colony Club at the stern to More be a quiet place to relax or read a book away from crowds during daylight hours if you didn't want to be in the confines of your cabin.

Gym facilities were excellent.

We had breakfast and lunch most days at the Windjammer and dinner in the Cascade Dining Room. The waiting staff at both establishments were very professional and friendly. We found the Park Cafe in the Solarium to have food that most resembled cafe food - a variety of wraps, paninis, sliders, and cake items were available and very delicious and made a nice lunch. The Windjammer can be very noisy as it is the place of choice for families. We definitely preferred the Cascade Dining Room in the evening. Room Service was quick. We only ever asked for tea or coffee with a couple of cookies (the cookies are amazing!) and it was always delivered promptly.

Our only minor complaint was that there were no self-serve laundries on board and it cost $25 to have a smallish bag of laundry washed and folded. The laundry took 24 hrs to be returned. We would have preferred to do our own. Less

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the South Pacific

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Our cabin was very tidy and well thought out. I especially liked the placement of mirrors where it was possible to see all angles and the back of yourself! I didn't have a problem with lighting, probably because we were cruising in summer time hours so getting ready was always done with natural light available.The bed was comfortable.The bathroom was small but that is what I would expect on a ship. There was plenty of shelving and a bathroom cabinet to store your toiletries.

Published 12/31/13

Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the South Pacific

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?