Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: IslandDreamers
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated

Very nice trip

To start out- we heard we were docked at Pier 29 - famous for being a bad pier. We took the hotel shuttle over around 12:15pm and there was a small line. We might have waited about 20 minutes before we got to the point where line split off for the Crown & Anchor members. From there, we only had to wait for the next available agent. Not bad at all.

We were able to go right to our room, which was the center, hump room Junior Suite. It was a very nice, clean, spacious and good smelling room! Elroy Greene was our stateroom attendant- he was wonderful! It took us a few days to finally meet him- but he did a very nice job. He even made some towel creatures that we haven't seen before!

Rumor had it that there were over 700 Diamond members aboard - I believe it because every single night the Diamond Lounge and spill over location were packed tight. Diago was our waiter - he did a wonderful job of seeking us out every night and making sure we were never thirsty.

Heard the average age on this sailing was 78 years old. By the traffic jams and toe injuries caused by all the scooters, this proved to ba accurate. It's still better than little kids, I say.

Our wait staff, Melbon & Corneilus, were fantastic! I can't tell you enough how much we appreciated their wonderful service! They might just have been the nicest wait staff we have ever had! Yes- they were that good!

Had a little problem with my on-board-credit. I went to the Purser's Desk to see if they could help me resolve it. Louise, from Brazil, said she would look it over and get back to us. Within a few hours, she had left a message for us saying everything was taken care of and should we encouter any more issues to call her directly. Fabulous customer service!!!

We visisted the Windjammer several times- always hot food! I have to admit- I never did find my buscuits and gravy though.

This was our fist time having breakfast in the Diamond breakfast area, where it was still attatched to the Main Dining Room. Normally we are in a dedicated area.

I wasn't impressed with this. There was always a long line we had to wait in, even if we were just going to the Diamond area. The Diamond waiters were always running around and very busy. Our service was a bit sub-par every morning. I find it hard to complain because they were obviously very under staffed. One day, we all put our order in. DH received his French toast right away but it was cold. It was another 20 minutes before I received my breakfast (35 minutes after I placed my order). From that day on, we had breakfast in the Windjammer and was in & out in no time.

This was our first time on Independednce of the Seas. She is a beautiful ship, especially when decorated for Christmas.

Publication Date: 12/31/13
More Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews

More Independence of the Seas Reviews
Independence of the Seas - Nice,...
Fun Trip