Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Inthedark31

Member Name: Inthedark31
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Had a Scary Good Time

Sailed on Halloween cruise and had a great time. Boarding was behind schedule but it wasn't too awful. We met some great people while waiting to get aboard. After dodging the cameras, we entered the ship and immediately found our room. We left our bags and headed straight for the Lido deck. Hubby grabbed a burger and I got a salad. Went to he Red Frog Pub and grabbed our first drink of the day. This was by far my favorite place on the ship. Loved grabbing a drink and listening to the music.

The room was clean and our room stewert was a hard worker. He never left ice in the bucket so after two days so we finally left a note along with a tip and had ice morning, noon and night.

I love the hot tubs on deck five. On other ships it is sometimes difficult to find one to sit in sometimes.

The food is okay but I'm fairly easy to get along with, and food is not why I cruise. I absolutely hate the singing and dancing in the MDR but I believe this is fleet whide. These people have enough to do without having to entertain us. This was the first time we chose the early seating and in the future we will go back to YTD. I just didn't like having to report by a certain time.

The shows were the same ones they had in April so we only went to one and it wasn't very good. I really wish they would put the comedians in the larger theater. We saw two of them and they were both good, but I have a difficult time standing in line so we only went twice.

I love sailing on the Magic and plan on doing so again this summer.

Publication Date: 12/31/13