Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by EStroudPa

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by EStroudPa
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: EStroudPa
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

First Time Cruiser

We are a Retired Couple traveling with Family... (Our First Cruise) We drove from Pennsylvania (an hour and a half ) to Pier 88 . Parking was easy and painless. Since My husband is in a wheelchair I took him down first and was greeted by helpful staff members that took us to the specialty line . Grabbed a porter and went up to get our bags... piece of cake....

Embarkation was a breeze and by 11:30 am we were heading on board... In time for lunch at O'Sheehans .First impression of the Breakaway : WOW!!!What a beauty!!!...We didn't do any of the outdoor activities but enjoyed watching our grandson's on the rope course, mini golf etc...they had a blast. The swimming pool ,yet small was not too crowded since we did not get off at Port Canaveral. We had an enjoyable afternoon there....For breakfast and lunch , my husband and I ate at the Buffet... The food was delicious ! In the evening Our Family Members of 11 ate at :Taste,Savor and the Manhattan Room.... We enjoyed the food and the service was the best (happy and polite staff members sure made my evening) One evening My sisters and I ate at " La Cucina" very good ambiance! Food very good...Bingo, Margarita tasting etc were just a few of the things we enjoyed....

We never made it to Great Stir Up Cay.... rough waters :( So another day by the pool... Ahhhh so relaxing "life is good"... In Nassau the whole family headed to JUNKANOO BEACH .. I was lucky to have family to help with the wheelchair as the side walks are not handicap friendly... We had a blast!!! Afterwards went to the souvenir shops.Then there was the Entertainment :The Second City ,The comedy Magician,Burn the Floor, Cirque Dreams(The Best show ever/dinner very good), Rock of Ages,Howl At The Moon... Enjoyed them all... Casino ok (if you don't mind the smoke) There is more than enough to do on board ,,,a week is not enough time.... lol Disembarkation: Quick Breakfast at 7 am and in our car by 7:45 am ... Home by 9:15 am in Pennsylvania , not bad at all...Overall : This cruise was the Best Vacation in a very long time!!! So! Would I do it again? Oh Yeah!!! Planning our next cruise... And our pictures are a reminder of how great it is to be with family and Cruise Like a Norwegian!!!

Publication Date: 12/31/13