Pride of America Cruise Review by ikhaliq15

3-6 6.0
        10-12 6.0
        13-15 6.0
Value-for-Money 5+

The Best Cruise (So Far)!

So this my first cruise so I don't really know the standards of a cruise. I do know I loved it. Everything from the Embarkation to the Disembarkation was great. I am 12 years old. I was on the cruise with my parents, my two brothers, my grandmother, my aunt, and my cousin.

Embarkation-My grandmother has a walker and the crew on the Pride of America was great at accommodating for it. During embarkation they gave a wheelchair for her so we could get through quicker. The line took about 30 minutes. It was very easy. They had entertainment and water for us while we waited.

First Impression-When I first walked onto the ship, I was impressed. There are lots of lights. You see a coffee cafe, a few restaurants, the guest services desk, and the shore excursions. We easily found the elevators and went up straight to our cabin.

Cabin-When I first walked into my cabin, I thought it was very small. When I asked my dad if this was the standard for a cruise ship, he said it was. My cabin was an ocean-view with a balcony. It included two twin beds and a pullout bed that turned into a couch. There was a TV that included 20 channels. Half of these channels were about the ships safety and sanitation.

Food-There is a great restaurant called the Aloha cafe, that serves breakfast, lunch, a snack in between lunch and dinner, dinner, and then the late night snack. If you have kids, they will love the self-serve ice cream machine with toppings such as M&M's, graham cracker crumbs, and crushed oreo's. For breakfast they normally serve everything from cereal to crispy bacon to omelets. For lunch, you can have a variety of things including french fries, pizza, and burgers. You can also have cooked vegetables, pasta, and ICE CREAM!!! For dinner you get the same deal for lunch from the Aloha cafe. For dinner, there is other restaurants such as the Liberty, Skyline, and the Cadillac diner. There is only and hour in between meals so you will never go hungry.

Service-The service on the ship was excellent. The crew was always ready to help with anything. Even if they did not know the answer or how to do something, they would find someone who did. I would go on any cruise with this crew.

Entertainment-There is so much entertainment on this ship. There is a show at the Hollywood Theatre every night. There is a club and lounge called the Mardi Gras. There you will see the most comedy shows. You will see a new version of the Newly-wed game and a Dancing with the Stars. You can't go bored here.

Recreation-There is a Spa/Fitness center on the ship. There is also a main pool, a second pool that is smaller, and a kiddy pool. There are also about 6 hot tubs. I think the most exercise you need on the cruise is walking up the stairs.

Kid and Teen Center-I personally did not go to either of these places but my two younger brothers went to the kids club and they enjoyed it and made many friends. They are still friends over Skype. I also met other kids who went to the teen center and they had a great time. I would say that these places are a great way to get rid of your kids. They will keep them till 10:30 p.m. for free at the kids club, but after 10:30 they will charge about $6 per hour.

Overall this was a great cruise. If you live in somewhere it is really cold, Hawaii is the place you need. You can walk outside and it will be warm. I would recommend this cruise to anyone who just needs to get away from work or school. It will reset your brain and you will forget your worries.

Publication Date: 12/31/13