Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by chrissyc65: GREAT CRUISE FOR THE MONEY!

chrissyc65
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

GREAT CRUISE FOR THE MONEY!

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Prior to my yearly trip to visit my Mom who lives in Florida, we decided to add a cruise to our vacation together. We couldn't pass up the price for quick trip to the Bahamas to get me away from the awful snow we have had in Jersey. We haven't been on a cruise for about 8 years and wasn't sure what to expect from such a bargain priced cruise.

We got on the ship on a Thursday around noon and had time to walk around to see the ship before we got into our rooms. The ship was a bit older, but I must say it was extremely clean. The only thing that was sort of offending was the persistence with selling us alcoholic beverages. How many times can you say, "no thank you"! We were extremely please when we saw that our room was decent sized and the bathroom very clean and room to move around. They provided nice beach towels and comfy cotton robes. The first night we were looking for some entertainment and there was basically nothing. We went to sleep a bit disappointed.

The More next evening we departed and were really hoping to see some kind of shows. Finally, they had a great performance by Curves, plus some really great comedians. The adult show was a riot. The next evening was an 80's performance by Curves and they were phenomenal.

The meals were all plentiful, although the Mongolian wok outside on the Lido deck was constantly busy. Took a half hour to get food from them, however it was very good. The anytime seating for dinner was very convenient.

I would definitely take this cruise again, but next time I would bring a deck of cards for the first nights lack of entertainment. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation E106

Great selection in the middle of the ship, room was good sized and very clean.