Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by steve1970: From a NZer's Point of View

From a NZer's Point of View

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

We flew to Sydney and went straight from the early morning flight to the ship. Had to wait about 15 minutes before boarding started.

Rooms were not available until after 1pm and they close access doors to the corridors, so you need to carry around your carry on. A couple of bottles of wine are allowed so that a bonus compared to what we are used too.

Other reviews have said its very 'Las Vegas' like (I've never been) and tacky décor. I think comments like that were very unfair and they have gone with a Egyptian / Roman / Cleopatra type theme. The corridors seemed to have interesting bits on Napoléon as well. I liked the décor and themes.

Food was great compared. The steak was very nice and they knew how to prepare it as per request.

The staff excelled in their service and really did take pride in their work. We were in the dining room with prepaid tips.

Drinks were priced well and were well made, I agree with the 'free More pour' concept.

On a 9 night cruise and 2 ports (reduced to 1 with an overnight due to a breakdown) there was so much to do. This ship really is a destination in itself.

Our cabin was an inside, and was small in comparison to others. it was however, very, very well laid out with enough room for a sofa and a coffee table. The sleeping are was separated by a curtain. The only gripe is that the shower is very small if you are a large, fat, obese or over 6 foot.

We dined at the speciality Italian restaurant, very nice and reasonably priced. It is a all in one pricing, with drinks the only extra. It is worth it.

We did try Johnny Rockets just for the experience and I could not finish the burger. Very popular with the kids, but the dancing every 1/2 hour by the staff seemed trying (I would get sick of it after the first day too) and I hope they swap with other areas of the ship.

The kids facilities look excellent with their own pools, small water slide and other areas.

The sauna and steam room are included. There is a large adults only area.

There is an all you can drink package and if you were inclined to drink that much you would get your money's worth. Personally, I don't think I could drink that much per day to get value out of it and feel well.

This is a great ship in itself and with the DreamWorks extras the kids would love it.

Not forgetting to mention the Royal Promenade, can't really believe this is on a ship, in the middle of the ocean. Bars, café, shopping. The duty free is the cheapest anywhere (including Feng Keui's in Vila).

Summary its a fantastic ship, great holiday location and we will go again. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>