Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by ilvinorosso: Birthday Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Birthday Cruise

Sail Date: October 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

This cruise was to celebrate birthdays. There were 6 of us and 5 of us had either just had a birthday or a birthday was coming up. Needless to say we were ready to enjoy ourselves. Our verandah cabin was fine. Ours was next door to one of our friends and we opened the door separating the balcony's. This gave us a nice area to have our cocktail hours (note the plural). All the staff were exceptional. We encountered one problem immediately. While we had requested a table for 6 so that we could all be together at dinner that did not happen. However, the second night we had our table for 6. We had the late seating for dinner so we enjoyed a cocktail at the Alchemy bar each evening before dinner. The bar staff in the Alchemy were outstanding. I recommend this bar to anyone who enjoys martinis. Excellent!

The shows were just so so. We had more fun watching our fellow passengers.

We did the coral garden and stingray snorkel in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. A most excellent More experience. Now for the absolutely horrible experience. It was storming at Cozumel when it was time to re-board the ship. There was an extremely long line of passengers standing in the pouring rain and the ships crew did absolutely nothing to expedite the re-boarding process. They could have done several things to help. At a very minimum crew members could have handed out umbrellas that were returned at the security station. They could have allowed two lines, one for those who had packages that needed to be scanned and another for those who had nothing with them. There are several places to board the ship and they could have activated at lease one or preferably more to accommodate the passengers. Nothing we were just drenched. I hope that my fellow passengers did not develop a cold as I did.

All in all the cruise was fun. I just hope I am not aboard a Carnival ship in a real emergency. The way they handled the re-boarding process in a storm makes me wonder just how well they would be able to operate in a real emergency. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Empress 7217

The room was ok. Our friends were in 7211 and we opened the door between the balcony's. This gave us the much more room.

Culinary Tour

Wish that there were more than 6 stars to rate this. The highlight of the trip was our excursion in Cozumel. We did the cooking class, Mexican Cuisine, at one of the all inclusive resorts, Playa Mia. It was a blast. The chef, Oscar, and his assistant Moises were fantastic. To the best of my recollection the food was also good, even though I cooked what I ate.

Snorkeling

We did the snorkeling Coral Garden and Stingray snorkeling tour. It as fantastic. I understand that Carnival is cancelling this tour. I don't know why, the crew and the boat and the equipment and the experience were all exceptional.

Island Tour

(1)

Stay on the ship instead of taking this tour. The excursion in Jamaica was really a downer. Our bus drove through town and the highlight of the tour was a drive through the airport parking lot. Last stop was at Margaritaville. Stay on the ship.