Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Marveagle: Latest Sostice Class ship - Reflection
Overall Member Rating
Latest Sostice Class ship - Reflection
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
The latest Solstice Class ship from Celebrity is beautiful in appearance, but with some design flaws which Celebrity considers to be improvements.
The service by the crew is extraordinary as is the food in the dining room and other venues. There is really no need to use the many extra pay dining options unless one wants to be treated like a king and enjoy really fantastic cuisine. Definitely celebrate a special occasion in one of these.
The entertainment is above average for a cruise ship with the cast giving their all in their performances. There is a problem with the choice of performances the company has chosen to present. They are (2 of the 3) not age appropriate and would be more suited to crowds in their early 20s rather than the older crowds on the ship. Hip hop and rap type songs just do not fit the elegance of the ship. Also, the music was so loud that it hurt the ears. Again the singers, dancers, and other artists gave excellent performances. More
Celebrity saw fit to add additional cabins to the design found in the other Solstice ships with the following effects:
1. The Grand Foyer dance floor across from guest relations is 12 to 15 feet shorter than on the other ships.
2. The main dining room is smaller in length by a matching 12 to 15 feet.
3. The new Reflection Suite has reduced the size of the Sky Lounge by 50 %. This is where the Elite and above passengers meet for drinks before dinner.
4. The Gym is smaller (by 50%) to make room for a larger Persian Garden rooms. The warm up room is tiny.
5. An improvement is that the discotheque is gone (I have never seen it being used by more than 6 people on the other ships) and has been replaced by moving the conference rooms to that spot.
6. The Lawn Club is smaller and now has a charge for usage as do the swinging, curtained chairs in the solarium area.
7. If the urge for a hot dog or a hamburger strikes you, then head to the Mast Grill on deck 15. Less
Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>
A very enjoyable experience
Great Cruise, Great food, exce...
Overrated and boring. 3 stars ...
Reflection on our cruise.
Fall from grace
Great service, poor shows, goo...