Royal Princess Cruise Review by sasha'smom: Royal Princess a Beautiful ship

Royal Princess a Beautiful ship

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Venice

The ship is very elegant in it's design. The Piazza is stunning and filled with lots of beautiful music, with different types of music rotating all day and evening. Our cabin was very comfortable with lots of storage, a comfortable bed, and I think the improvement on the bathroom size and step in the shower, which helped when shaving my legs, was good. I love the color scheme of the ship decor. I found it very calming.

The food was so good in the Horizon Buffet, we, for the first time, ate most of our dinners up there. I especially liked the seating in the back of the ship outside of Horizon Court, and are out there many times. There was always plenty to do on sea days, which we love, and especially enjoy on a Transatlantic.

Loved the On Demand and TV on the wall. Never heard anything through walls or in hallway. Liked the new venues but there definitely are design flaws in the lack of leg room in the Vista Lounge, and lack of additional aisle in Princess Theater. I More liked Princess Live, however the seats are very uncomfortable and the camera placement is not well thought out. If you arrived a few minutes late, say for Karaoke, and they were filming, you had no way of crossing the theater to get a seat without walking in front of the camera. They would ask for more volunteers but it was impossible to get over there to choose a song. Same was true if other things were going on.

We loved our cruise and would sail on the Royal again in a heartbeat. Less

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Royal Princess B505

Very comfortable bed, lots of storage. Liked the slightly larger bathroom and shelf in the shower for shaving legs. The patio furniture was very uncomfortable. Liked the decor and color of the decor. On Demand a great new addition and TV on wall, excellent.