Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by sparklingsoul

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by sparklingsoul
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: sparklingsoul
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Disappointing cruise after last year's great one

I just got back from the Dec. 15 crusie from Galveston to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Last year I was on the Navigator to Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel, and I loved it--the food was great, and the service was impeccable.

To begin, embarkation took almost TWO HOURS! I was exhausted, my feet were killing me, and I was starving (didn't get lunch until almost 3:00pm).

This year, I got the sense that everyone was "waiting for dry dock," which happens next month. Basically, the ship is short-staffed, because a lot of employees left early for their vacation due to dry dock. I also found the restaurant staff to, in general, be sloppy and inattentive, and they were not particularly friendly. The food on this cruise was fair to poor. My general sense is that everyone is mentally checked out, due to upcoming dry dock. I did have another excellent stateroom attendant.

I liked my room, but it really needs to be overhauled. Next month it goes into dry dock, where they will put in new carpeting, upholstery, cabinets, etc. The bed was unbelievably hard and uncomfortable--my stateroom attendant put 6 comfortor covers on top of the bed for me, and that helped, but I can't understand why they bought such hard beds. I did like the ability to leave your sliding-glass door open all night (on Holland American, they made it difficult to prop the balcony door open), and I slept with the door open every night. My stateroom attendant did an excellent job keeping the room spotless twice a day.

I am sure that if you cruise after the ship is revamped, you will have a much better experience, and the ship will be beautiful.

Publication Date: 12/30/13