Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by beckinoz

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by beckinoz
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: beckinoz
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great first time cruise

This was my first cruise on any ship and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed in any way. The size of the Radiance just blew me away, it looked like a building when I first looked in its direction. We boarded at 11:30 and it really wasn't a long process. We were up on deck 11 at the Windjammer just after 12pm. We were allowed access to our cabin on deck 9 fairly early, which was good to be able to drop our carry on bags off and go explore the ship. Our cabin steward Renato was just amazing. It seemed like he just worked around the clock. Our room was always clean and refreshed.

Our waitstaff in the Main Dining Room, Fanderson and Regan were so friendly and attentive. We ate there every night except two. Food, food and more food!!! Great quality and so much variety. They even had a poolside bbq on two occassions and a late night chocolate buffet. We didn't try the specialty restaurants as I was with my mother who is not that fond of a lot of meat and the one place I wanted to try was Samba Grill. I heard good reports from other passengers, so I will try it when I cruise with my husband and kids.

There was always plenty of entertainment, my favourite being the live band in the Centrum and the violinist/accoustic guitar duo. I can't comment on the kids side of things, as mine were not with me but plenty of passengers told me that they have barely seen theirs as they were off having too much fun to stay with their parents.

Overall, there is nothing I can complain about with this ship. My only complaint (and not related to RCI)would be with some surly passengers that thought they could barge past others to the lifts or the buffet lines but I suppose you get that everywhere you go. I can't wait for my next trip!!

Publication Date: 12/30/13