Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Tally Floirda: Very Disappointed

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Very Disappointed

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

As a regular cruiser and a Crown and Anchor member I came on the cruise expecting the usual excellence that I had become accustomed to. A malfunctioning toilet plagued us during the entire trip and it must have been a systemic problem as many on the cruise reported similar problems.

All the experienced cruisers at our table felt that the food was rated "fair" and the intention was to drive you to the restaurants where there was an upcharge. Don't expect the traditional midnight buffet but to get sent to Johnny Rockets for a $4.95 "Admission Fee".

In fact, the new RC business model appears to be to use the captured audience to upsell at every opportunity. After paying over $100 for a massage I got the hard sell to purchase $279 worth of products, the Walking Healthy Lecture was a sales pitch for $189 shoe inserts. A package for coke products was over $50 per person.

The service was great as it always has been; however I will look to another cruise line for More our next cruise. After laying out $3,500 to get on the boat, I don't expect to get a constant hard sell! Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas 2568

Loved the spacious cabin, the best part of the cruise!