Royal Princess Cruise Review by Seadiva2

Royal Princess
Member Name: Seadiva2
Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Number: M411
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!! NEEDS A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT

I was looking forward to this ship ever since i heard she was being bulit. Just got off of her today.

Here are a few things that bothered me during our cruise.

1. The embarkatiion at Port Everglades was one of the WORST we had in about 10 sailings. We arrived about 12Noon and thery kept us waiting in one spot without moving in the terminal for 1.5 hours.

2. Once onboard we were able to go directly to our cabin to drop our stuff off and head to get something to eat in the Horizon Court Buffet. The food is very good and there is a lot of selection. However there are about 5 lanes or so that you have to go up and down to find what you want to eat. I didn't like that I had to go 2 long lanes over just to find bacon every morning when I got a bagel in another lane. Each lane should have bacon and they didn't. The orange juice is very waterered down. Tip: Ask for a LARGE glass of juice otherwise it might take you awhile to get your small juice glass refilled. The wait staff hardly scanned the area or walked around to see if their customers had or needed drinks/refills. Sometimes they were chit chatting and ignoring the guests.

3. The elevators are TERRIBLE, VERY SLOW, LIKE A HEAT SAUNA and WAY OVERCROWDED. There are fights sometimes in the elevators when people do not want to let other people in even when there is room. I came across a few nasty women making comments about others. These women needed their own private yacht to sail on! Also, sometimes one or two elevators are taken out of service for no reason.

4. There are no middle staris for you to take to bypass the elevators. A lot of people were getting sick of waiting for the elevators and were sneaking into the crew section to use there elevators. They were caught and cautioned not to do that again.

5. The cruise director SAM is not good! I could easily take her job and be way more fun. She does not know how to organize things or plan flun stuff. The fun stuff she does plan is all at the same time so I would always have to miss two things and go see or do one.

6. There needs to be more activities onboard. I found myself for the first time on acruise BORED!!! If you want to just chil and relax than this is the cruise for you.

7. Not enough stores. There is one store for clothing, one for costume jewlery, one choocolate shop, one flower shop, one perfume/makeup shop and one high end jewelry store called Facets. They say they run sales in there, but you can do better at Macy's when they have sales. Facets gives away some great raffles so make sure you sign up for them and you must be present to win.

8. The spa treatments are about the same price as other cruises.

9. Spa pass for the week will cost you $159.00 per person! That is just for a hydrotherapy pool which the handles that you touch getting in are filthy, 2 oval shaped water beds, about 8 heated stone loungers that are barely hot, 3 different mist showers, and 3 dry/wet heat saunas. They only allow 40 passes a week among all the passengers. However, I did hear of day passes at $39.00 per day a person. I asked if I could purchase one before I bought the week pass and they told me no! I think the day pass is only for someone that is cruising with you, but didn't buy the pass. Not sure on this though. Is it really worth it NO!!!!!!!! No one can sneak in that area as it is reached by a locked door and you must wear a bracelet that the desk gives you to open the door which is nice.

10. The Sanctuary is very nice! It has private cabanas that cost about $100.00 a day and plush loungers that cost about $40-$50 a day. It is very quiet up there and no kids.

11. The adults only Retreat is nice and has cabana rentals as well.

12. The shows are good. The seats are very uncomfortable and will hurt your back. Also, be very careful as some of them fold up and my friend fell on his bum.

13. Go see Dwyane the pianist. He is very good and entertaining.

14. The Piazza is very beautiful and a lot of stuff happens there every night. There is always dancing and a good band playing.

15. The Newlywed Game Show was funny and like the usual one you see on other ships.

16. The Quest game show is played on Friday nights and is PG13. It is played in the Princess Live area which is too small of a place for it.

17. There is one disco that is called Club 6. I only stayed there for a few minutes as the music was really loud.

18. There is no midnight buffet. So if you are hungry you wil have to go to the International food court.

19. If you have Anytime dining, you still have to wait to be seated!

20. The Casino is very small for all the guests they have. They have smoking and non smoking nights.

21.Our room was M411. Do not stay in that room! It is very, very hot no matter how low we cranked the a/c., It has zero privacy as everyone on the sky walk can look right into your room and others on the Starboard side of the ship. The beds were as hard as cement floors and the pull out couch too. The bathroom was good with a bathtub (no jets) and shower head.

22. Our balcony was a decent size, but the chairs very uncomfortable when reclined. It has glass panels which makes viewing nice. By having the sky walk out in front of you, it makes picture taking hard.

23. They have used the cheapest quality of bath towels they could find. They hurt your skin when used.

24. ASK for a TOP SHEET as one is not there to save energy. Also, the comforter is very heavy.

25. Ask for James Medina. He is a cabin steward on deck 15 and will take super care of you. He is a very hard worker and loves his guests.

26. Try not to stay on Deck 15 as you will hear pool chairs being scraped on the ground at 7am.

27. Hope your neighbors don't play their tv's too loud as you can them through the walls.

28. I didn't like that I always had to have a card in the slot by the door to make the lights work.

29. The movies under the stars was nice, but the popcorn tasted stale from time to time.

30. Disembarkation was a breeze. Ony because our color silver was next to the last being called. We ddin't exit the ship until after 11am which was crazy.

31. Lastly, bring tons of hand cleaner and use it as much as possible. I had to rush my husband to the ER as soon as we came home today. He caught a nasty virus onboard and very ill.

32. Enjoy your cruise. If you do decide to go on this ship.................pack your patience, you are going to need it.

I hope this was helpful to my fellow cruisers.

Publication Date: 12/30/13