Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Pattyg

Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Pattyg
Cruise Date: December 2013

Somewhat disappointed

I should prefacace this review by saying my husband and I are in our 60's and our son and his friend are in their 20's. Although we all managed to enjoy our cruise it wasn't as good as I had hoped. We have sailed 6 times previously with Princess, Celebrity and Disney. This was our first cruise on RCCL so we were very excited.

Pros:

The ship is beautiful and well maintained. We had a Grand Suite and it was very nice( Rm 1286). The cabin is very large with a huge balcony and enormous bathroom. Our conceierge named Oana was fantastic. She always went above and beyond for anything we needed or wanted. The conceierge lounge is a big plus with continental breakfast every morning and hors'doevers and drinks in the evening.

The Main Dining Rm food was good most nights and our waiter Elvis was great! I wouldn't rate the food great but it was good.

We loved the Promenade and spent some time every day there.

The shows were all good some better than others. We loved the Ice show and the juggler. They were superior,

Most of the staff were helpful and pleasant but there were exceptions.

Cons:

Windjammer buffet was just awful. No other way to put it. We tried it twice and that was enough. There was one person who told us to go to the other side of the buffet because they weren't ready on the side where we were and he was downright nasty.

Every morning around 5:00am we were awakened by loud noises coming from Deck 11 where they were setting the chairs and equipment up for the day. It was just awful. The noises continued for almost an hour and having paid for a suite I was very disappointed.

Room service never got our order right. They also called us at 6:10 am one morning to tell us our order was on the way when we had it scheduled for 7:30 am. Just not acceptable.

When we checked into our room some things were missing like coffee for the coffee maker, the breakfast order forms for the door, and the coffee pot was broken.

I was very disappointed in Labadee. It looks so beautiful when we pulled into the port there. But the beach area where we rented an over the water cabana at Barefoot Beach was terrible. Very rocky beach, even after walking quite a way out in the water. Having travelled extensively to many Caribbean islands I think this beach would be near the bottom of my list. The beach buffet was barely edible. Watered down tea and fruit punch. Food was not good at all. The restrooms at Ladabee were disgustingly filthy!

They defintely need more elevators on this ship. There was always a long wait for an elevator.

We had a suite so disembarkation was very easy for us, but out in the hallways there were people fighting and yelling about how disorganized it was.

I was disappointed that on the excursion days, most of the shops were closed on the Promenade. Not everyone leave the ship and I think they should be open.

The wireless internet fees are absurd! They charge .75 a minute..just a ripoff.

Somehow through all the disappointment we did manage to have a good time, but it's doubtful I woud ever take a RC cruise again. Too many cons versus pros.

Publication Date: 12/30/13