Nautica Cruise Review by jupiterandpluto: Good trip overall.

Nautica 5

Good trip overall.

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Barcelona

This was only the second cruise that we have taken since we have always traveled independently in the past. Our first cruise was also with Oceania, but on the Riviera. I realize that it's not fair to compare the Nautica with the Riviera which is brand new and wonderful, so I won't.

We spent extra days in Barcelona before boarding our ship and all went smoothly.

Our stateroom was just fine, nothing spectacular, but comfortable, with more than enough storage space.

Having been to some of the port cities previously, we didn't select any ship excursions, just walked around by ourselves for most of our stops with the exception of an excellent tour of Lucca, near Florence and a privately booked tour with a local at Ephesus. Can't recommend that enough.

We are not much for entertainment so I really can't comment on that aspect, but Oceania isn't known as a party ship anyway which was perfect for us.

On at sea days, it was difficult to find a More vacant chair and the pool was rather smallish and quite crowded.

My only criticism would have to be the food. I know that the food on Oceania is regarded as excellent and in most cases it was, but the food prep at Waves near the pool and the selection of salads was not very satisfactory. Breakfast was also a disappointment in that the selection was rather limited (I know, I said I wouldn't compare) but compared to the Riviera, it was inadequate and no one could prepare a decent freshly cooked egg.

The dining room staff, with the exception of the specialty restaurants, seemed to be a discontented lot with quite a few grim faces and at one point, a loud argument erupted between 2 of the staff members. All of the bar staff, though, was terrific.

The negative comments would certainly not prevent us from taking another trip on the Nautica since, all in all, we enjoyed our 10 days very much. Less

Published 12/30/13

Read more Nautica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Nautica Review >>

Compare Prices on Nautica Greece Cruises

Cabin review:

Our cabin was very adequate with a nice veranda. The space was well planned and the storage was convenient and more than adequate.

jupiterandpluto
Member Since 2009
6 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X