Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by seawolfcom

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by seawolfcom
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: seawolfcom
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A Wonderful trip to Bermuda

I was a little concerned about by trip. I had read many negative posts. Not to belittle what others said, I had a wonderful time. The only negative is the age of the ship. She is 15 years old and is due for an upgrade. Other than that it was great.

The food was good. The Windjammer was the best I have had in the fleet. They do a custom made mongolian grill and custom pizza that was amazing

Spending 3 days in bermuda you really got a feel for it. I bought a 2 day transportation pass. One the first day I took the ferry to St Georges and walked the 20 minutes to Fort St Katherine's. Tobacco bay was on the way and people looked like they were having fun. After taking the ferry back I did some shopping in Docklands

On Day 2 I took the bus to Gibbs hill light house. It was amazing views but you have to go outside on the platform to see it. If you are scared oh heights I do not recommend it. I then walked 15 minutes to Horseshoe bay. It is a nice beach, it had a great facilities and not too crowded. If you want no facilities and privacy locals recommend Warwick long bay which is just down the street. From the beach I headed by bus to Hamilton for some shopping and took the ferry back to the ship

The last day I did the RCI sponsored SCUBA trip. The first dive is a wrecked ferry that you are allowed to penetrate. the Second is a reef. The reef is full of life but is mostly green as it it the worlds most northern reef. Dive crew was knowledgable and friendly.

Of Note I did this cruise by myself. For those who have not done it, This was one of my best vacations. I do my time dinning. On the first day I told the maitre'd I wanted to sit with people. She put me at a table of 8. The couple there had been on the ship on a back to back. The maitre'd knew we would hit it off so I had people to eat with. I made friends through out the trip that I will keep in contact with. I also got triple points for the trip.

I did the unlimited drink package. I think i broke about even. You don't get any of the fun glasses to take home and you can't use the soda dispensers. I will have to think hard about getting it next time.

Publication Date: 12/29/13
Read the Bermuda ports review by seawolfcom
More Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews