Marco Polo Cruise Review by sheffieldlass

Member Name: sheffieldlass
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: London (Tilbury)
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Marco Polo Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cruise & Maritime Voyages Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Marco Polo Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Marco Polo Deck Plans
Caribbean cruise 2013 November

Just got back from cruise to Caribbean left from Tilbury and hit rough seas was sea sick for 4 days went to see doctor on ship BIG MISTAKE. Cost me £890.83p and mine was cheapest real rip off merchant do not go to see the doctor some on board had bills for £5000 and over. I had blood tests did not know till I saw print out at end of cruise he only needed to give me an injection I was in know fit state to know what was happening.

The ship is very tired but it grew on me through out the cruise soot coming from funnel and sparks hitting deck needs overall badly.The entertainment staff were amazing worked so hard did an amazing job. Could not fault them at all worked very hard. Buffet staff carried red hot water around in buckets to put in water urn and food brought up in lifts from kitchens. Could not get good cup of tea in buffet as water was not hot enough so was on coffee all holiday. Food was not bad did their best in not good conditions not a lot to choose from but very small ship the main restaurant was good. The hygiene on the ship was the best I have been on though people still had problems but it was not the ships fault they did their best.

I would not go on it again it was too small for me. JUST DO NOT VISIT DOCTOR my insurance is not paying out so be very careful. Some people left at Azores before even reaching Caribbean and some flew back from Barbados did not want to do trip back.

Publication Date: 12/29/13