Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Elizabeth E.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Elizabeth E.
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: Elizabeth E.
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Ok...would not reccomend

I wanted to leave a review because my cruise experience was OK (on a lower end of it). First I would like to talk about good(OK) points of the trip:

• Housekeeping service was excellent! My housekeeper learned my name the first day. He also figured out my schedule the next day, so his work was seamless to me as he worked while I was either having a breakfast or at a dinner time.

• Entertainment director Eli and his crew (Junior, Ginger and Donkey) were very entertaining and all adult shows with them were a blast!

• Embarkation/Disembarkation was super fast and easy

o No one checked our backpacks for alcohol ;)

• Spa package I purchased for $149 was good, especially when it was 30-40 degrees outside

o Do not even think about sneaking inside of these rooms designed for members only. Staff constantly checks if everyone has bracelets on and people who paid for the package will report if they see someone enjoying it for free.

BAD:

• Bizarre layouts of ship where everything seems to be located on the 5th floor including obnoxious photographers, casino with cigarette smoke and teenagers

• Ship is ugly. It is a throw up of colors, patterns and distaste.

o I thought there were eggs sunny side up on the ceiling what was actually supposed to be a decoration representing shells with pearls in the MDR…lol

• Shows were awful….but at least outfits and dancing staff was cute to look at

• I was in a cabin#9208

o It had a constant presence of cigarette’s smoke smell. I felt as if I my cabin was located in the middle of casino

o Housekeeping staff had meeting right outside of my cabin every morning and day. They constantly banged buckets against walls and other buckets so the noise was horrible and always waked me up

• Kids/teenagers were everywhere! I do not know if they did not have any activities going on or they just did not participate but there was no escape from them

• Serenity has an awful location. Right above it is a mini golf and a water slide; on the side is a pool. With this being said, again, kids were everywhere!!!

• Lido deck had very limited food choices

• Dining room experience was HORRIBLE! I shared a table with my parents plus 5 more people. Table #556. I am not going to bother describing all that happened but in short:

o Staff has terrible customer service skills. I never knew names of people who were serving us. They randomly were choosing people to take orders from, while letting everyone to sit there and watch others eating….terrible experience.

o Orders was messed up a few times

o Wait time was at least 20-30 min for appetizers, 30 min for main dish, 10-15 min for someone to ask if you want coffee or tea and another 20 to get your dessert

o We were afraid to send any food back because we thought we would never see it again..that’s how long it took for the staff to do anything…

o Food was ok: lobster overcooked, escargots tasteless, meet was chewy

Overall, it felt as if no one cared, staff was overworked and people were just milked for their money…I do not recommend anyone to go on this cruise.

Publication Date: 12/29/13