Carnival Pride Cruise Review by estacadaoregon

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by estacadaoregon
Carnival Pride
Carnival Pride
Member Name: estacadaoregon
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas

Don't book this ship: You've been warned!

Whenever I think of this spring break trip I get upset and annoyed. This trip cost us over ten grand, including airfare, cruise, excursions, hotels, taxis, and shuttles for two adults and 4 kids.

This ship was old, dirty and in sore need of updates and improvements. The elevator lights did not work at places, carpet on first floor by a kitchen area was frayed, stained, and sometimes wet, bathroom tiles were coming off in a public bathroom between the buffet and adult serenity area. I don't have the heart to go on but you get the gist...right?

The service was not good at all. Our evening dinner crew was fair. Nothing fancy or smooth on the part of the waiters. They did not go out of their way to make kids feel special as others have done. However, the crew at the buffets and in the dinner room for breakfast were not so kind. One morning, I reserved a table for my wife and I as the kids wanted to do activities in their respective clubs. Two of the kids barely missed the scavenger hunt as they got a bit lost on the way and the others already left so they came to the dinning room to have breakfast with us. I asked the waiters to change the table and they said but you reserved for two continuously. I asked for a head waiter and she said the same! There are empty tables all around but they want to put my kids with some other adults at a table nearby. I had to get upset and demand a table...is this necessary? I told the host that does the seating that "I paid ten grand for this friggin' vacation and I'll damn well sit where I please." Finally, they give us a table for 4. During the entire time of our breakfast, the tables around us remained mostly empty. It would have been wise of them to simply accommodate and provide a table. The steward never put up the bunkbeds during the day so we could not use the sofa and watch tv. The steward also broke a new cpap mask by smashing it under the bed frame. The buffet workers were quite stressed as there were extremely long lives of irate customers.

This ship was overbooked for spring break and you would be wise to avoid this ship particularly at that time if you can overlook its condition. During Spring break from Baltimore, the exterior of the ship is too cold and windy to enjoy the decks, slides and two of the pools as well as the numerous not-so-hot hot tubs. These areas can only be enjoyed for 3 days around Bahamas. The 4th day is a hit-and-miss on the weather friendliness of outside areas. Therefore, the one small pool inside was OVERLY crowded that you would be afraid to move for fear of hitting or plowing over a kid. The chlorine was so strong in the pool, probably to drown out the ammonia stench, if you know what I mean?

This cruise might be cheaper but please book another line or stay home and have movie marathons!

You have been warned!