Carnival Pride Cruise Review by JackieH: Pride-My favorite Carnival ship so far

JackieH
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Pride-My favorite Carnival ship so far

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Its been almost a week and I must say out of the 4 Carnival cruises.. the pride is my favorite. We Left Baltimore Dec 8.. they were running behind due to weather issues.

We got through the lines to check in easily and quickly but waited over 2 hrs to board.

We stayed at the Holiday INN Express . Russel street. by Stadium, and left our van there. We had excellent service at the hotel and would stay again.

This was our first Dec cruise, normally we are August cruisers. The crowd was older then we are use to seeing. We had our two daughters with us 14 and 9. They both enjoyed their time with their groups in Camp Carnival. We hardly saw my 14 yr old daughter. They said there were only about 120 kids on the ship during this week. My 9 year old beg to go to Camp Carnival each and every day.. they had all sorts of fun activities to do.

We were in Cabin 5234, and obstructed balcony. It was fine, we could see perfectly, it was just that the lifeboat was More right below. The room was small, but its going to seem even smaller with 4 people in there.We managed even in the small space. Our room attendant was good, we saw him every morning, always had a smile and a nice Hello for us.

We had early dining. The dining room staff was pleasant and very accomadating. Some nights though,it seemed like it took forever to get the food, other times it was quicker. The food was good...not anything spectacular, but we didnt complain. We did enjoy our warm chocolate melting cake 5 nights out of 7.

I found the most annoying thing was that all the people wanting to take pictures. They came by each and every night at dinner. BUT.. they were set up outside the photo area where all the photos are displayed, as well as in the atrium.. I give them credit.. they were trying hard...BUT.. enough is enough. Of course they were in every port when you walked off the ship.

I did enjoy the shows,expecially the comedy shows. We saw some of the family shows as well as over 18 shows.We did play bingo a few times, and never won :-(

The ports were good, we went to Kennedy space center in Port Caneveral.. In Nassau and Freeport, we just sort of winged it.. BUT.. still had a great time with some sightseeing and shopping.

I really disliked the buffet.. but thats just me.. It always seemed crowded up there, and always had to look for seating.The staff was very good about cleaning tables as soon as somebody got up. I m just one of those people who hate waiting in line.. then having to look for seats.. We had pizza a few times, I thought it was ok.. my husband loved it.

The worse thing was getting off.. I dont think we left the ship until after 11:30.. ALL the other cruises we were off by 8:30. that was something to get use to getting off so late.

I did love the Pride, and would sail on it again.. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Upper 5234

The room seemed small to me. We did have 4 people in it, and we managed. More room would of been nicer..