Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: IslandDreamers
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Fun Trip

This was our first time aboard Independence of the Seas, we were pleased.

We heard terrible things about Pier 29 in Ft. Lauderdale but embarkation went smoothly and fast. From the time we were dropped off at the Pier (12:30pm) until we got aboard was about 30 minutes. We snaked around outside for a bit, once we got into the Diamond line, we breezed right through.

I heard there were over 700 Diamond members on board and the median age of all the cruisers was 78. That's no joke. Scooters and bad drivers everywhere!

Our main dining room waiters Melbon & Cornelius were a dream!!! They were very accommodating and worked very quickly, even remembered my iced tea from night to night without me asking!

Diago in the Diamond Lounge was great! The lounge was filled to capacity every night but Diago always made us a priority and helped us get a table as well as served our beverages as quickly as he could! I was surprised that as full as that lounge was, there were plenty of staff on hand in there. The snacks were a bit lacking- it was like feeding time at the farm when the treats did come out though. Gone almost instantly!

Jamal at the pool bar rocked the pool area!! He kept me entertained with his magic tricks! What a charmer that guy is! I miss him already!

We had an issue with our on-board-credit. I went to the Pursers desk and spoke to Louise, a Brazilian girl- she was very eager to help and resolved my issue promptly- even followed up to make sure everything else was in order.

We were impressed with how clean and beautiful the ship was. The first few days were very windy and choppy but we made it through.

The staff was very attentive and I hope Royal Caribbean reads my reviews and comments because I would love to see the ones we worked with recognized for their great service!

Publication Date: 12/29/13