Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers: Fun Trip

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fun Trip

Sail Date: December 2013

This was our first time aboard Independence of the Seas, we were pleased.

We heard terrible things about Pier 29 in Ft. Lauderdale but embarkation went smoothly and fast. From the time we were dropped off at the Pier (12:30pm) until we got aboard was about 30 minutes. We snaked around outside for a bit, once we got into the Diamond line, we breezed right through.

I heard there were over 700 Diamond members on board and the median age of all the cruisers was 78. That's no joke. Scooters and bad drivers everywhere!

Our main dining room waiters Melbon & Cornelius were a dream!!! They were very accommodating and worked very quickly, even remembered my iced tea from night to night without me asking!

Diago in the Diamond Lounge was great! The lounge was filled to capacity every night but Diago always made us a priority and helped us get a table as well as served our beverages as quickly as he could! I was surprised that as full as that lounge was, More there were plenty of staff on hand in there. The snacks were a bit lacking- it was like feeding time at the farm when the treats did come out though. Gone almost instantly!

Jamal at the pool bar rocked the pool area!! He kept me entertained with his magic tricks! What a charmer that guy is! I miss him already!

We had an issue with our on-board-credit. I went to the Pursers desk and spoke to Louise, a Brazilian girl- she was very eager to help and resolved my issue promptly- even followed up to make sure everything else was in order.

We were impressed with how clean and beautiful the ship was. The first few days were very windy and choppy but we made it through.

The staff was very attentive and I hope Royal Caribbean reads my reviews and comments because I would love to see the ones we worked with recognized for their great service! Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas 9338

The room was beautifully located at the center of the hump. It was a very large JS and smelled great! Our attendant, Elroy Greene was a charmer! He was very efficient!