Wilderness Explorer Cruise Review by Brownlee7: Best cruise ever!

Brownlee7
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Best cruise ever!

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Sitka

In June 2013 my wife and I took the Un-Cruise inner passage cruise from Sitka to Anchorage, Alaska. It was a "bucket list" item to which we had looked forward for many years. The cruise more than fulfilled our every expectation.

Of course the scenery was spectacular and endless. We had a bad case of the illness the crew described as "FOMO," "fear of missing out." It was difficult to take time out to sleep, as each turn revealed a new scenic highlight.

The crew was enthusiastic about what they were doing, were endlessly patient, always ensuring the safety of the guests, and remarkably knowledgeable about the flora and fauna we encountered, both on board as the ship went out of it way to provide special views of marine wildlife, as we kayaked amidst it, and as we hiked ashore. Our days and evenings were filled with new knowledge about our surrounding, which if what we had come for, and each day we were provided with six major activity opportunities from which to More choose.

My only reluctance in taking the trip involved a dietary concern. The crew managed that concern magnificently and discretely, in a fashion no restaurant has ever achieved.

Both the embarkation and disembarkation were handled flawlessly and with great cheer on the part of the crew, requiring minimal effort on our part.

In summary, my wife and I could not recommend more highly our experience on the Un-Cruise Wilderness Explorer. Less

Read more Wilderness Explorer cruise reviews >>