Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Marilyn50: Not What We Expected

Not What We Expected

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Galveston

We were very excited to sail on the Carnival Magic but came back somewhat disappointed. First of all our balcony cabin was 9309. We thought mid-ship, near the top was a great location. While the location was great, we didn't think about the Lido Deck above. We were near the end of the pool area and all night we heard what I first thought was thunder, but there weren't any clouds. The noise was furniture being moved and I guess carts being rolled back and forth across the floor. On the last two nights returning to port, the water was quite choppy with swells. The fist night of rough water created a lot of rocking and rolling but the last night was terrible. We returned to port at midnight rather than 6 am due to 2 passenger emergencies, which was not a problem, but the extra speed in the rough water made for an uncomfortable night, not to mention the squeek in the wall everytime we hit a wave. The walls were certainly not soundproof. Our neighbors had a terrible argument on the last More night and we could hear and understand every word that they said.

The food, nor the selection, was not as good as we have had on previous cruises. Our preference was not to go to the dining room so I don't know what the food was like in there but the buffet was very limited. The same salads every night with 3-4 entree selections and only one buffet line open. I have finally met a pizza I didn't like. Actually, the food was just boring. The ship was decorated with Christmas trees and garland but honestly I was disappointed with the decorations. What was there was nice but I expected "Grand" for the holidays. The casino was very tiny and the smoke was terrible. Most of the slot machines very old, but, I will say I brought back more than I spent.

We probably won't be taking any cruises in the very near future but when we do, we probably won't sail on Carnival unless the price is just rediciously low. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Vista 9309

We thought mid-ship, near the top was a great location. While the location was great, we didn't think about the Lido Deck above. We were near the end of the pool area and all night we heard what I first thought was thunder, but there weren't any clouds. The noise was furniture being moved and I guess carts being rolled back and forth across the floor. On the last two nights returning to port, the water was quite choppy with swells. The fist night of rough water created a lot of rocking and rolling but the last night was terrible. We returned to port at midnight rather than 6 am due to 2 passenger emergencies, which was not a problem, but the extra speed in the rough water made for an uncomfortable night, not to mention the squeek in the wall everytime we hit a wave. The walls were certainly not soundproof. Our neighbors had a terrible argument on the last night and we could hear and understand every word that they said.