Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by plaidside: 10 Night Explorer of the Seas

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

10 Night Explorer of the Seas

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

My wife and I just came off a 10 day cruise on the Explorer last week. This was our tenth time on the Explorer since 8/2007.

The cruise port is one of the only things I dislike. The car line can be very long to the drop off point. There are two lanes that funnel to one and if you get there when passengers are trying to get picked up it can become controlled chaos. You have to take a bus from the drop off/registration building to the ship.

When we board the ship it is like old home week. We are recognized by many of the crew and they make you feel special. How they remember you and your names after a year is amazing.

They are the friendliest and most helpful crew we experienced in the 24 cruises we have taken.

The food was as we expected, plenty of it and very good. We ate in Portofinos one night, the food was excellent but it took 2 1/2 hours to complete dinner.

We have seen most of the show so we only go when there is a guest entertainer. More This was our forth December cruise and we met so many people from prior years. We got together with them during the cruise and had a wonderful time.

We could not get into the Concierge lounge at all during the entire cruise. There was standing room only even when I got there before 5:00. So we went upstairs to deck 14 where they used the 19th Hole bar for the overflow for suite guests.

The Explorer is showing her age but it is still a great ship. We had a Grand Suite and it was fantastic.

Disembarkation was better only because we had the suite and got off earlier then the rest of the passengers.

I few things I noticed since I was on the ship in September was no chocolates on the pillow even in the GS, pictures are now $20.95 and the bag of laundry is now $30.00 even though it was $25.00 on the coupon brochure left in my room.

On this cruise so many people I talked to complained about the dining room menu and said they are going to eat in the Windjammer.

I will be sad to see her leave Bayonne and I will book one more cruise on the Explorer before then. I am already booked on the Quantum for December 2014. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 1268

Excellent cabin, spacious, clean and great service.