MSC Divina Cruise Review by gatormba2003: Worst Cruise Ever!!!!

gatormba2003
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Worst Cruise Ever!!!!

Sail Date: November 2013

I have been a quite a few cruise and this was easily the worst. First the food was terrible. The dinner choices were odd and most of them tasted horrible. Two nights in a row the waiter got the order wrong. This brings me to the language problem. It was almost impossible to to speak with any of the staff. Their understanding of English was atrocious. We ended up having to resort to hand signals and pantomiming most of the time.

Also, back on the food, the buffet choices were basically the same thing every day, and the buffet closed at 9pm. The only food available after 9pm was pizza. I have never been on a cruise where the buffet was so boring and you couldn't get whatever you wanted whenever you wanted.

The cabins themselves were very nice. However, we had a balcony room, but half the view was blocked by a large metal piece. Most of the balcony rooms had glass for the balcony view, but not our room. The nightly shows for entertainment were great, but that was all More there was for entertainment really. We ended up spending most of our time playing Uno in our room. Our younger son was extremely disappointed with his kids group. He is 9 years old, and his group was 3-11 year olds. The group was geared much more to the younger children though. At 9 years old the Smurfs and Superheroes are not really his thing. He tried his best and went to a few activities, but they bored him silly. He ended up not being able to have any fun with a kids group. That was a huge letdown for him. There is probably a lot more, but I can't chronicle it all. The disembarkation and staff response was ridiculous though. I had a 1:30 flight, but didn't do early disembarkment, because I should have had plenty of time. That turned out not to be true though. I was in the 9am group to get off, but did not leave the ship until after 11am. When I was on the boat and tried to get some help from the MSC staff, they were very rude and did nothing bu blame the customs people. When we did finally get off, the staff was holding people up for tiny balances ($1 or less) on child cards. We were held up for a few minutes because our son had 2 cents remaining on his card. That is crazy. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>