Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Shawn1205: Allure of Seas Nightmare Trip

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure of Seas Nightmare Trip

Sail Date: December 2013

This ship is way overdue for rehab. Royal Caribbean reduced the port times by a total of 4 hours before we even boarded and then at check in took even more time. On day 2 we had a lifeboat cable fail as we were rushed back to the ship for 12:30 departure to stand and wait till almost 3 pm till we left, without the lifeboat. The captain then proceeded to lie to us all and claim he was pushing the ship to catch up while we knew he was unable to do that due to the fact that this ship was already limited by an engine issue. The crazy part of this story is we asked for a full refund right when we heard that there was an issue with engine weeks before we where scheduled to leave on this gimpy ship, because we didn't want more time taken from our port time. We chose this itinerary specifically to spend the day in St. John's USVI. Royal Caribbean refused our request to refund us or reschedule our reservation until after repair to the engine.

Chops restaurant was a mess, with a new up More charge $20 pp FEE on top of the $30 pp FEE if you desired a non-frozen steak you had to pay $50, that additional FEE was not disclosed till we sat down and were handed a Menu. The next day i spoke to the Smug manager who disclosed that they just added that extra fee this sailing. I had to repeatedly ask if he was going to refund the second up charge. He said he would refund extra fee "only because I gave him feedback" now that's customer service? I will list Negatives then Positives.

1. Stinky bathroom 2. Stained carpets on stair landings. 3. Rude customer service and officers. 4. Workers fixing a whirlpool under a ugly blue tarp with strong chemical smells in the Kids Splash Zone! 5. Broken elevator hiding on deck 17 6. Poor food quality 7. FEES for everything even your pool towels 8. Worst pizza ever 9. Poor room service and food 10. Poor options of complimentary dining, especially after 10 pm. BIGGEST ONE- 18 hours of port time instead of original 28 hours of port time, we didn't even leave boat on St. Thomas because it was so close to Dusk.

Injured my elbow so bad I had trouble bending it because the flow rider instructor MADE YOU fall down if you lost the board from under your feet. He wouldn't let you just walk off, which is not hard I have pictures of elbow, elevator and carpets. Central Park was nice, Aqua show, Chicago where real good. Rising Tide bar was nice but Service was terrible.

Also worst TV channel line up. All liberal news no Fox, so beware conservatives and even the comedy show was liberal slanted.

They gave us $100 per person for first and second passengers in balcony, that is what they thought my ruined vacation was worth. That is not even 5% of my costs.

I spent the last couple of days waiting to see if Royal Caribbean was going to refund my expenses due to the fact that they failed to deliver on their end of the deal, especially since we asked for refund BEFORE sailing because we knew that if anything were to happen (like the lifeboat incident) our vacation would be in even greater jeopardy. Royal Caribbean is risking their passengers vacations and safety by continuing to sail this ship in this substandard condition. Their final word "we won't be doing anything for you". PATHETIC! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>