Carnival Legend 2

“First time on Carnival & Last!”
Cruise review of Carnival Legend

diana7718
Member Since 2013
14 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I decided to cruise on the Carnival Legend because we live in the Tampa area and it was convenient. We wanted to celebrate our anniversary onboard and since I had such an amazing experience on NCL cruising the Hawaian Islands, I THOUGHT this experience would be similar.

The food onboard was so bad we ended up losing weight. The lobster had pink slim on it and my husband could not cut through his prime rib! Salad and oatmeal was about the best I could find. On the positive side??? Our room steward and 3 staff in the dining room were gracious and did their best to accommodate us. Even the head chef came out and listened to my complaints and was kind and understanding. It was the best he could do with the budget he was given. Room service showed up after we had to leave for our excursions so no breakfast on 2 days.

I did find out that Carnival owns the property where you dock in Roatan. They built it 4 years ago and if you want to book an excursion with More an independent or local, you have to walk up the hill to the end of the property and then down the hill to where the locals are allowed. What a racquet! So that's it for us. No more Carnival for us. We realize that simple pleasures like a real egg for breakfast or fresh fruit that is not green isn't too much to ask. Less

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

The room was fine even though it was dated. But it was clean and that was more important than the look of the furniture.

Published 12/28/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?