Carnival Legend Cruise Review by diana7718: First time on Carnival & Last!

diana7718
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

First time on Carnival & Last!

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

My husband and I decided to cruise on the Carnival Legend because we live in the Tampa area and it was convenient. We wanted to celebrate our anniversary onboard and since I had such an amazing experience on NCL cruising the Hawaian Islands, I THOUGHT this experience would be similar.

The food onboard was so bad we ended up losing weight. The lobster had pink slim on it and my husband could not cut through his prime rib! Salad and oatmeal was about the best I could find. On the positive side??? Our room steward and 3 staff in the dining room were gracious and did their best to accommodate us. Even the head chef came out and listened to my complaints and was kind and understanding. It was the best he could do with the budget he was given. Room service showed up after we had to leave for our excursions so no breakfast on 2 days.

I did find out that Carnival owns the property where you dock in Roatan. They built it 4 years ago and if you want to book an excursion with More an independent or local, you have to walk up the hill to the end of the property and then down the hill to where the locals are allowed. What a racquet! So that's it for us. No more Carnival for us. We realize that simple pleasures like a real egg for breakfast or fresh fruit that is not green isn't too much to ask. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>