Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by steveatl: Underwhelmed by the Walmart Cruise

Underwhelmed by the Walmart Cruise

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I was disappointed with Carnival. It was easily two steps down from the Celebrity Sillouhette cruise I took this summer. Huge, slow line to get onboard at Long Beach.

The good:

1. Plenty of elevators so getting around was easy

2. Obstructed view balcony room was a good deal and a large, comfortable room

3. Plenty of tables to eat, lots of deck chairs

4. The $35 restaurant was a ton of food and fantastic. Definitely go there.

5. Disembarkation was quick and easy.

The bad:

1. The food was no better than your college dining hall (buffet). Not a lot of choices, and many choices were just blah. The pizza was ok but that got old fast. Very little variety, sometimes not heated enough, just not very good. The dining room was just - ok. It's the ugliest dining room I've seen in my life and the colors are and decor is nauseating. Some entrees were pretty good, others not so good. Variety on the menu wasn't that great More either. On the Celebrity ship, the dining room food was so much better.

2. decor - this ship was decorated by someone on drugs. I still can't get past how ugly the bars, common areas, etc were. Trust me - it's like they hired someone to make the ship a parody of a gawdy casino.

3. The help - sometimes friendly but mostly indifferent. Some of the guys going around serving drinks by the pool would come by literally every 5 minutes yelling at people for "more drinks?" Super annoying and unprofessional.

4. THe ship - partially run down. My room had worn out vinyl furnishings of horrible color choices (salmon?). This ship needs an overhaul. The ride back from PV was in choppy waters and this ship tossed and turned, the room made squeaking sounds. My room was quiet normally, however, and I was on the 5th level. There were no kids on this chartered cruise so beware that the kids club is on this floor.

5. The ports on this cruise are pretty cool. Cabo is great. Puerto Vallarta is sort of in shambles but interesting nonetheless and seemed safe.

6. I was on a chartered cruise so I opted for the charter entertainment (which was good) but I didn't really get to the Carnival entertainment (which I heard was ok). Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>