Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Esoteric Synapse: First Timer

First Timer

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Went with a buddy who's wife chose not to go (they cruise together all the time on NCL) so I was the beneficiary of his experience and Cruise Critic relationships. I found the cruise itself delightful in many regards:

First and foremost was the quality of the staff, from the Captain to the service personnel. To a person, my interactions were pleasant, cordial and often delightfully entertaining. If I were a CEO, I'd be very proud to have recruited the quality of individual employed on this ship.

Second, I was thrilled to find so many opportunities for onboard activities. My buddy lept us pretty busy with goofy golf, trivia, martini madness,etc. And the evening shows I attended were enteraining as well.

Alaska itself was gorgeous, though we did have a couple foggy days. But we were able to get very close to the Sawyer Glacier on a sunny day.

The accomodations were certainly adequate for the little time I spent in them, but I have no basis of More comparison. Our steward was very accomodating to our schedule and requests.

The only real criticism I had was the tightness of the slots in the shipboard casino - seemingly tigher than any land based casino I've ever been in, but perhaps a norm for cruisers. I will do further exploration on this front.

I look forward to learning more about opportunities for solo cruising, as my buddy tossed me aside like day old donuts and took his wife cruising out of New York this month and is cruising with her and friends out of Miami next .

I will say that I would certainly cruise NCL again and may even explore purchasing their stock as I was impressed with their business model. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>