Carnival Ecstasy 3

“Carnival platinum here, worst trip on this line”
Cruise review of Carnival Ecstasy

frevrnblujeans
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

An awful gas filled the ship for most of the trip, smelled like sewerage/sulfur. My husband and I had an awful time breathing,as did alot of the other passengers. Our room was changed when we complained and we were able to breathe somewhat better as long as we were in the new room on the 7th level. It wasn't until the 3rd day that my husband was able to come out of the room for a little while. I was determined to make the best of it and waited until the rush to go onshore was over so that I would not have to wait long to disembark. On our last day, we both went offshore but were so full of whatever was in the air that we could barely walk around without stopping to catch our breathe.

We really couldn't wait to get off this ship and were thrilled when we did. This elation was soon beaten down when we find out that we ended up returning to a different terminal than we left from. We parked in handicap parking, which was close to the terminal we departed from. Makes sense, huh? More

Now, with the change in terminals we are the furthest parking away from the ship!

Best yet to come....

We called Carnival to complain and were on hold for 45 mins. The customer service agent offered us no compensation for our suffering. We were told that it would be put on our profile and maybe someone would get back to us.

We are platinum members of Carnival, but this may be our last cruise with them. Less

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Hard to find anything to be happy with this time around. Sickening odors which caused breathing problems.Couldn't enjoy this cruise at all. We have cruised many times with Carnival and had been happy until now. Not sure we will return again.

Published 12/26/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?