Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by georgias.kid22: Hawaii & South Pacific cruise

georgias.kid22

Hawaii & South Pacific cruise

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was a retirement present to myself...28 day cruise to Hawaii, Samoa, and French Polynesia.

Spent a pre-night at the LAX Marriott (Princess preferred hotel) that included transportation to the ship. For some reason we had a 2 hour delay leaving for the ship and no explanation was given by the Princess reps. Once we reached San Pedro, the driver had no clue how to get to the ship! We drove round and round the USS Iowa. Finally after 30 minutes, security was called and we had to wait a further 30 minutes before being allowed to leave the motorcoach!

It was almost 4pm and the terminal was empty, so check-in was a breeze.

I was just on the Sapphire Princess in Dec 2012 and am in the same cabin as on the prior cruise....C406. It was midship, near the elevators. My cabin steward, Teody, was awesome.

The cruise director's staff was comprised of Callie, Su, Karen, Jackie, Alicia, & Aras...later Theo joined the ship. I wasn't a big fan of several More female staff members. I found them to be bossy, arrogant, and unfriendly! The exact opposite of my previous cruise where the CD staff was warm, friendly, and outgoing! So this was a big disappointment.

The weather was warm & humid...exactly what I expected to find in the tropics, so I can't complain.

The entertainment was hit and miss. Enjoyed several of the entertainers, but felt the production shows are getting old and would like to see some new ones!

I was on Team Titanic for all the trivia games. We won our fair share of prizes and had a great time. Too bad Princess didn't received their shipment of prizes and were reduced to rewarding the winners with a deck of cards! That was just too tacky!!!

French Polynesia was everything I hoped and am so glad I was able to visit these beautiful islands.

The passengers were on the elderly side....lots of motorscooters, wheelchairs, and walkers. There were a few kids also, but they kept out of sight.

There was 1 incident that really bothered me. A man set up his own karaoke machine every afternoon in Skywalker's and proceeded to annoy those of us that go to that lounge for the peace & quiet. He and 3 other people 'sang' for 3+ hours and it was torture! When asked politely if he would tone it down or go elsewhere, I was verbally abused!

I complained to passenger services and was informed he was allowed to use Skywalker's for 2 hours. In my opinion, it's not right that 1 passenger be allowed to disrupt the rest of the passengers. This annoying person should have been told NO he can not use a public lounge.

All in all, it was an okay cruise... Less

Read more Sapphire Princess cruise reviews >>