Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by DisneyHotMama: Not so Inspirational......

DisneyHotMama
Member Since 2008

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

Not so Inspirational......

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was my 10th cruise with Carnival and my 15th overall. I am an easy going person who just wants to be on board and relax. I am not high maintenance nor do I complain about much. This cruise however was the exception to the rule about how I feel about Carnival.

Embarkation was amazing and very quick. We arrive about noon at port and were checked in for our cruise in the area for Platinum guests. This went quickly and we soon went through the x-ray machine where they double checked my diet cokes in the sealed box. No worries. We walked onto the ship - skipping the embarkation photo and straight to our rooms which were ready. Waiting for me was my Platinum pin for this year.

This cruise had many younger people on it who did not know how to behave. This small group helped ruin it for us. They ran the hallways at all hours of the day and night often at 4:30 AM waking others and banging on doors too. Security was called but not sure what was done. This same group also More took over the Serenity Deck on Sunday with their loud music, talking and drunkness as well.

Food quality and service has also gone down in my opinion. The buffets, which used to be delicious, were just OK this time. Service in the dining room on the last day of the cruise was horrible. Lunch was not very crowded yet service was poor and slow. Dinner was HORRIBLE and we finally left prior to getting dessert. We had anytime dining and waited 30 minutes to be seated while there were a ton of empty tables. We then waited another 30 minutes to receive our salads and about 30 minutes more for the main dish which had no taste. The food was sub-par in my opinion for this day and very surprising as I have always loved the food on board.

Need to rethink a Carnival cruise in the future... Less